Friday, December 30, 2011

The Best of 2011

Hello friends!  I'm doing a quick "Best Of" In honor of 2011 passing us and 2012 coming in!  I have had an amazing 2011, and I hope you have too!

Prettiest Soap:
Lavender and Lemon.  A special request from a customer, and I must say - I love it!  It has become wildly popular, and it's just so naturally beautiful!  Lavender buds and dried lemon peel sprinkled on top.  A light swirl patter, and the beautiful lavender and yellow coloring .... Simple and Beautiful!

Best Seller:

Clean Cotton has been my best seller during the summer market months.  I sold out of the soap and lotion in the scent every week!  I honestly couldn't make it fast enough!


Oatmeal Milk and Honey has been my #1 seller for the winter months.  I'm making about 100 bars per month, that's a lot for my little soap co.!  This is a milk soap, and starting in 2012 Soap Mom will be focusing on milk soaps.  I just cannot deny the wonderful skin benefits of milk, and since we raise cattle - we always love to support agriculture and local farmers!  Soap Mom WILL still be offering vegan soaps for my beloved vegan friends!

Biggest Surprise:

The Cream Soaps (especially Oatmeal Milk and Honey!) are new this year and so very popular!  It took me  forEVER to formulate this recipe.  Most cream soaps use a "foaming base" of some sort - store-bought and not at all natural, so I had a hard time coming up with something of my own!  After I finally perfected it, tested it, and introduced it at the first Farmers Market, it had been nearly a full year of waiting!  I sold out at each farmers market the day it was introduced, and have several mail-order customers that order it on a regular basis!  This deliciously creamy soap isn't leaving anytime soon, I promise you!

Worst Seller:(hey, I don't hide anything!)

Pecan Praline Cheesecake - perhaps it's the off-putting brown color, or the fact that it's a "foodie" scent (many folks aren't interested in bathing with cookies and cakes!) but this has been my least popular creation this year.  I'm not discontinuing it, but I think I'll reformulate this one to be a bit more appealing visually.

Manly Favorite:

Leather.  Plain and Simple.  I made this one with activated charcoal (for color and skin properties), and a bit of gold mica on top.  I was actually surprised that women really enjoy this soap as well!  It's been wildly popular in the Light Bulb Ring sets - those cowgirls out there, and those of you with the rustic/western homes ... you've kept me busy with this leather scent!  Thank You!


Well, that is all I have for you this year!

My goals for 2012 are:

Improve my pictures and get pictures of every available soap variety on the website
Better manage my supplies.  I find myself running out of things quite often!
Improve my farmers market displays
Keep up on my blog regularly
Take care of this little Soapy Baby that's growing in my tummy!

I hope you all have an amazing 2012!

Beca




No comments:

Post a Comment